Sunday, June 12, 2011

SARAH PALIN....TOO MUCH KNOWLEDGE IS A DANGEROUS THING

Sarah Palin's gaffe on Paul Revere's ride was a prime example of too much knowledge is a dangerous thing.
 
Fan or foe, you have to admit, that her "blond moments" are pretty funny.  It is not unusual for people that are too smart to appear to be nerds, and she obviously has too many thoughts shooting through her brain at one time, to say them out loud, without them becoming jumbled up,  If this is the situation in her case, she  might need a little Synaptol to help her calm down, and get her thoughts in order, before she speaks.
 While her account was not right, it wasn't entirely wrong.  Instead of going on Fox news and saying, "I was not wrong", she should have went and explained that she did not do a very good job of explaining what she meant. 

What she said:  He who warned the – the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms by reading those bills and ah, making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were gonna be secure and we were gonna be free.

In looking over a little history on Paul Revere, I discovered a little history that I didn't know.  Paul Revere did speak to British officers when he was seized by British patrol. In 1798:
[An officer] asked me if I was an express? I answered in the affirmative. He demanded what time I left Boston? I told him; and added, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.

I dare say, if you put many of the men in politics under the same microscope she has been put under, they would not hold up any better.  I seem to sense a certain immaturity in American politicians today that I don't remember being the case when I was growing up.  I don't know if it is because I am getting older, and they look and act like kids to me, or if this is actually a sign of the times. 

More than likely, it is the explosion of  technology, that is capturing almost every move politicians make, and bringing their imperfections, and wrong doings to the surface.  Every where you go people have cell phones with video recorders, so more gaffe's get caught on tape than ever before.

All of us have, at one time or the other, had something pop out of our mouth, that was not entirely what we meant to say, so I will give them a little slack for that.  My favorite thing is when they think the microphone is off, and we catch what they are saying when they think no one is listening.

The troubling issue, for me, in all of this, is the distraction of the American people with tabloid television, and more specifically, tabloid news.  It really got out of control when Clinton was in office and we spent more time wondering what he was doing with his cigars, than paying attention to what was going on in our country, and it continues today.

While the sheep continue to be distracted by tabloid news programs, and argue among themselves about which political party is right, and which party is wrong, I'm afraid, the wolf is planning his attack, and the sheep are going to be caught with the wool over their eyes.

The American people need leaders that don't care which political party is in office, don't care if they get re-elected, and can focus us on the issues that unite us rather than divide.  United we stand, divided we fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog